Wednesday, November 7, 2012

No 'Poo - Update

So, it's been a few weeks into my no shampoo challenge - time for an update. Like I said in my first post, I didn't really think this would be much of a challenge. I honestly don't miss the lathering of normal shampoo and have quickly become accustomed to the feel of the WEN cleansing conditioner. I will admit that I'm not the biggest fan of the scent...I bought the sweet almond mint...but there is a variety of other scents to choose from. I'm very picky on smells anyway. 

In regards to overall performance, I feel like the WEN cleansing conditioner actually cleans my hair quite well. It never looks greasy, oily, or dirty, and I'm still able to go three days without washing. I think the biggest tricks are to make sure you are using enough of the product and rinsing the product thoroughly from your hair. If I've used a lot of styling products, I will actually apply the cleansing conditioner, rinse, and repeat just for good measure. If I'm going to blow dry my hair, I will also put one pump of  the cleansing conditioner from the mid shaft to the ends right before I get out of the shower as a leave in conditioner. 

Have I really noticed a dramatic difference in my hair since using the WEN cleansing conditioner? No, not really. I have noticed that my ends aren't as dry, and I don't have as many splits ends as I normally would this many weeks after my last trim. Maybe that's just the start? 

Oh, and the replenishing mist...it's definitely a nice 'pick me up' between washes, but again, not a fan of the sweet almond mint scent. 

If you're interested in trying WEN, QVC has quite the selection of products. WEN also has a 60 day money back guarantee.  

No comments:

Post a Comment