Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

2013 is officially here...and a new year means new beginnings!

2012 was an amazing year. I've learned so much about life, learned so much about myself, and put plans into motion that I didn't think would ever happen. I truly believe that if you think positive, positive things will happen. Negativity is like a disease, it eats away at you, torments you, makes you miserable and sick. Let go of the negative and focus on the positive, the good in life! You'll be surprised at how quickly things turn around for you.

I have so many blessings that I am grateful for: my career is moving in the right direction, my awesome nephew was born and has shown me how beautiful and special life is, my family is the best and they are happy and healthy, my friends are absolutely amazing, Dennis and I are growing and our relationship becomes stronger each day, and I wake up every day with a roof over my head, food to eat, and people who love me. When it comes down to it...that's all you really need.


Dennis and I with our sweet nephew. He's too adorable!


I do, however, have some resolutions...as I'm sure all of us do. I need to take better care of myself mentally, emotionally, and physically. I need to understand that striving for perfection is ok as a goal, but literally trying to achieve perfection is not possible...and if I keep trying, it will be the death of me. I need to accept that I've put forth my best and move on. It may not be enough sometimes, but at least it's my best. I need to take better care of my body...can't remember the last time I was actually at the gym. I need to nurture and care for my body so it doesn't give out much sooner than it should. As much as I love yoga and love how it makes me feel, I bet I can count on one hand how many yoga classes I attended in 2012. Unacceptable. I must make the time for myself. I have to.

Four eyes, DC trip, my 30th birthday, and our LA trip.


My other goal for 2013 is to grow my blog even more. It has already grown so quickly since launching in September, and I have big ideas and plans that I can't wait to start working on. I have so much fun writing and sharing with you, and I didn't even anticipate all of the followers and loyal readers. Thank you SO much for reading and coming back to see what's new. Most of all, thanks for all of the support!

Some of the wonderful people in my life


Count your blessings, leave the negative in 2012, aim high, and dream big! I hope you all have an amazing 2013! I'm really looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment