Saturday, December 22, 2012

Blown Away

There's a secret weapon used as an instant self-esteem booster. It's called a blowout, and if done properly, will change your attitude instantly.

Let's be honest, there's nothing worse than leaving the salon with a bum blowout. It's such a disappointment for a professional to style your hair...spending time and money for your hair to look great...and it falls flat as soon as you walk outdoors. I've searched far and wide for the best blowout. I stumbled upon it several years ago and have kept it my little secret. Blow drying hair should be considered an art, and Aaron at Aaron Emanuel Salon in NYC's Upper East Side, is the Michelangelo of blowouts. Think I'm overreacting? Just hear me out...

Fresh blowout from Aaron at his salon on the UES.

I have the worst hair. It's fine, curly, weird, and blah. We aren't the best of friends even though I do my best to take great care of my hair (still no-pooing with WEN hair care...I bought a multipack to try the different scents...will blog about it soon). My hair resists holding a curl from a curling iron or roller. It takes so much time and so much hairspray to get my hair to look decent. Anytime I get my hair styled I stress that my hair won't hold the shape, and so many times I hear the stylist say "oh, I'll make it last."  Five minutes later it's flat and weird again...and my wallet is empty.

So here's the history...after moving to NYC I unfortunately had to undergo emergency surgery and was left with tubes jutting out of the right side of my neck. I couldn't get water anywhere near the tubes, so showering and washing my hair was a bit tricky. Dennis' birthday was on a Saturday and I was running errands on the UES when I walked past a salon and decided to have someone shampoo and style my hair for his party that night. I had dirty, nappy hair stuck in a fedora when I walked in and met Aaron for the first time. I walked out with the best blowout of my life and 5 hours later, still had a style full of curl and bounce. I was amazed to say the least...because it NEVER happens. 

Dennis and I at his 26th birthday party...so long ago!

As you can see from the picture above (ignore my swollen chipmunk face and bandage), I had tons of curl in my hair...unreal! I told you, he's the Michelangelo of blowouts! I had all that body and curl from a round brush and blow dryer...no curling iron or rollers. Aaron doesn't rush, he takes him time to make sure each section is perfect...and it definitely shows when you leave his salon.

The artist at work and the final results


Guess I'm not so great at keeping a secret! If you live in or near NYC, make an appointment with Aaron:

Aaron Emanuel 
307 East 77th St
New York, NY 10075
Phone: 212.422.3000
Email: aaronemanuelsalon@gmail.com

Be sure and let me know how much you love your hair when you leave! And guys...Aaron has opened a barber shop as well! Check it out: 

 Aaron Emanuel Barber Shop
245 East 77th St
New York, NY 10075
(212) 288-8381


No comments:

Post a Comment