Sunday, December 2, 2012

Lazy Pants

Everyone has one...that one pant you can't wait to put on after a long day, or wear during the weekend while you're sprawled across the couch catching up on your DVR. There isn't much that's better than slipping them on and getting cozy (except maybe a nice glass of Riesling after a long day...that's pretty good too).

Credit: jcrew.com
The best thing about my favorite lounge pant is that I can wear them out to run errands without looking like I just crawled out of bed...they're stylish and comfortable...and I'm OBSESSED! My ultimate lounge pant is the J.Crew Saturday pant.

This pant is amazing. It's basically a fancy sweat pant in a slim fit, so no bagginess or droopiness here. Think legging, but with fabric that is thicker than your basic knit legging. It'll keep you nice and toasty when there's a chill in the air and will stretch and move with you. I bought this pant last winter and fell in love, so then I bought two more in different colors. They're my favorite thing to wear during the chillier months. Dennis and I flew to Mississippi to spend Thanksgiving with my family, and I wore these almost the entire time I was home. When we go to my parents' home, it's all about unwinding, relaxing, and enjoying the peace and quiet. And spending quality time with family, of course! Thankfully these have an elastic waist too, which was perfect for the continuous feast we had all weekend.

If you plan on wearing this pant out, I'd be sure to wear a nicer top instead of a plain t-shirt. Otherwise you risk looking frumpy and not put-together. Also, I'd pair it with a flat (like the picture above) or moccasin...I wear my Sam Edelman Jones loafers with these a lot (and you're in luck because those bad boys are on SALE).

Bruno, Brooklyn, and I :) Love them!

Here's how I recently wore the Saturday pant. A lazy Sunday spent on the couch with the boys watching TV. It's my favorite thing to do on the weekends with them. Links to my tops and shoes are below.

Happy lounging!

James Perse Hoodie (mine is several months old, but his website has tons of great staples for your wardrobe)
Michael Stars Boyfriend Tank
Clark's Slippers (these aren't exactly the same, but it's the same brand)

No comments:

Post a Comment